Thursday, July 20, 2006

Going to Beirut


It looks like Anderson is on his way to Beirut now. This gear is going to be extremely fitting, once again. I'm a little frightened that Anderson is going to Beirut, but if the British anchor can do, whose name I cannot recall, then Andy is up for the challenge! I'm still nervous... Please come back in one piece.

Last night's show was awesome. I've really come to enjoy Anderson's style of reporting both sides. Unfortunately, when they report the Lebanese side of the story, the attitude of a lot of the people is one that I was afraid would start to show itself all too soon. The minute Israel moved into Gaza, my reaction was "Crap. This is going to backfire on them so hard." Now it looks like the time has come. One woman on the show last night, who was in Syria after fleeing Lebanon, said that she didn't escape, she left to protect her children. When her children grew up, she would send them to be part of Hezbollah to fight Israel. This is what I've been afraid of. Instead of liberating the Palestinian and Lebanese people, Israel is driving them further into the arms of groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. No matter what they do, there is no way that this is going to end well. If they destroy all current members of Hezbollah, there will only be more to pick up the pieces and start anew. And that sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home