Thursday, August 03, 2006

Loosen Up My Buttons...

Someone please explain to me WHY I can't get Buttons by the Pussycat Dolls out of my head? Seriously. I want to hurt something. It's the Middle Eastern/East Indian sounds on the track. Love that stuff.

Last night, they kept talking about how Bush hasn't spoken to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. They also brought up on last night's broadcast Snow saying that the US has not given Israel the greenlight. I blogged on that yesterday. Shimon Perez, the Israeli vice Premier and former Prime Minister, has said that there is no pressure from the American government to stop. The absolute bias the government shows Israel is certainly going to hamper diplomatic efforts, and is not in the best interest of either Israel or the United States. The United States is alienating itself from the entire region by showing unbending support for Israel. Excellent idea, what with Iraq and Afghanistan already under their belts.

CNN is a big fan of GoogleEarth. They use it all the time. Last night, they should before and after pictures of Beirut, I think it was. Utterly destroyed. How can this possibly end well? If you destroy everything a person has, it leaves a neverending hatred in their heart. Violence only leads to more violence. There is one person, at least, who has realized this.

Last night, Nic Robertson was in Iraq talking to a soldier, commander, something like that, by the name of Fisher. He had started using different tactics in the area under his control, instead willing to forgive and using gentlier means to gain information. He has started to use discussion, benefits, and rewards, rather than just walk in and use force for everything. With force, he said that innocent people get hurt. Then those who knew them, their families, take up arms to fight in retaliation. So far, it's worked. Attacks in the area are down and the people are more open to American troops in the area. I'm sitting there going, "This man is brilliant." People take up arms in retaliation. Simple, no?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, hee, I totally think of Anderson when I hear that song!!

12:40 AM  
Blogger dancing_nancy said...

i think i have the same problem...i can't get "katyusha rockets" out of my mind. i just keep thinking about it. i hear myself saying it in my head.
arghhh! need help!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

I used to not like that song, but my sister loved it and was always listening to it...its stuck on me know lol....
Sfacfan: hahaha wow, so i'm not the only one?!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home