Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Reporter's Notebook 1



I know this picture has been making the rounds, but the more I see it, and the more I watch the show, the more worried I get. Coop is getting seriously thin. Unhealthy thin. Borderline Calista Flockhart thin. It frightens me a little bit. It's time for him to come home. He looks tired, unhealthy and he's started stuttering an awful lot. He stuttered and slurred his words a lot last night. Not to mention, he said that Nic was in Baghdad instead of Beirut. Maybe that was just Freudian slip, but Coop looks like he needs some sleep. And maybe a Big Mac and fries. Last night, I started taking notes and ideas down while I was watching the show. I ended up with five pages of notes, two front and back and one front. I also took down a headline which caught my eye.

I enjoyed the Reporter's Notebook last night. I like listening to Coop's voice juxtaposed with images. He's incredibly reflective during them, which makes me wonder when he has time to think. I've also come to the conclusion that Coop is an adrenaline junkie. He talked about the adrenaline during Reporter's Notebook. While most people get their fix BASE jumping, Coop gets his in war zones. But whatever works. When they went Inside Hezbollah this time, the look on Coop's face was priceless when the ambulances began. He looked entirely amused by the show and I can only imagine the thoughts going on in his head.

Something that frightens me was the mention of white phosphorus in Israeli weapons. Hezbollah claims that Israel is targetting civilians, but Israelis say that Hezbollah forces are in civilian residences. So how do we really know who's right? It's a propaganda war on both sides. You have to pick through and discern for yourself which side is telling the truth, and honestly, I don't think I trust either side that much. One thing that General Marks mentioned that caught my attention was that Hezbollah may withdraw from the advancing Israeli troops in order to recoup and "survive another day." They may do that, though I don't see them surrendering.

Condi still frightens me. Her trip essentially did nothing. Just showed us what a horrible fashion sense she has. That suit? Complete disaster. She's a tall, thin lady, but that suit did nothing for her figure (which I'm not even sure she has because her clothes are just bad). The suit coat honestly looked like it was designed for a man. It came down far past her hips, and was wide enough to fit a line backer in. Seriously, Condi, get a taylor for the love of god.

The headline that caught my eye: Israeli missile hit two Red Cross ambulances in Southern Lebanon. Really? I bet the Arab media are having a field day with that one. I watched CNN this morning, and there was no mention of it. Last night, it was only on the scroll along the bottom. That's seriously like a BIG thing. You don't just accidentally hit Red Cross ambulances and get away with it. You can see the pro-Israeli spin in the American media. No matter what Israel or Hezbollah does, there's always this "but..." afterwards that spins it appropriately. And am I the only person who finds it odd, and strinkingly scary, that the United States is giving $30 million dollars in aid to Southern Labanon, but then providing the Israelis with "bunker busting" bombs? Isn't that a conflict of interest or something? You don't give people bombs to blow up others and then help those on the receiving end of your bombs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

@ Kelli

Thanks! That means a lot to me that someone enjoys it that much ^^

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home