Thursday, August 10, 2006

Chapter Six

Warning: Fiction. Don't believe a lick of what you read.


With his back turned to me, I was able to sneak behind him, close enough to angle my head above his shoulder. He didn’t move, his body became tense with the proximity of mine next to him. I placed a hand on his shoulder blade, to steady myself on my toes, as though I had known him for years rather than two days. I could hear the sharp intake of his breath as we made contact, I could feel the filling of his lungs beneath my open palm.
I whispered softly into his ear, “What are you doing?”
He turned slowly, ignoring the question, to face me. His face only inches from my own, my hand still raised slightly, now in line with his chest.
“I think a better question would be what are you doing?” he asked, his voice deep and husky.
I retreated a small distance from him, lowering my hand to my side and dropping my gaze from meeting the intensity of his.
He stepped forward, using one strong hand to tilt my head so he could look directly into my eyes. I looked to the side, unable to deal with the scrutiny in his look.
“Stop,” he used his hand to brush a strand of hair out of my eyes.
“Stop what?”
“Avoiding me. I want to look at you. I want to see you.”
His hand had found its way to my shoulder, exerting a small amount of pressure almost caress-like. I stopped avoiding his gaze and allow him what he wanted to see. I knew I was unable to hide what was written on my face and in my eyes from him.
“There’s something so familiar about you…” a quick movement and his hand brushed my cheek and ear.
His face lowered, our noses touched briefly as we tilted our heads and our eyelashes fluttered against each other in anticipation. I angled my face towards his, watching the muscles under his skin filling his face with emotion. Our mouths met softly, not sure what to expect. His lips were tender and smooth against my own. He pulled me even closer, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I could feel the strength in his arms as his held me, warm and private. His elegant body was so firm underneath the fabric of his clothing.
My fingers dug gently into his shoulders as our kiss grew in intensity, the heaving of his chest quickened beneath my open hands. We stayed together, savouring the moment and the feel of one another until a hissing sound brought both of us back to reality.
Anderson looked over his shoulder, still holding onto me tightly. I could feel each individual digit as he pressed them into my back, unwilling to let me go.
“Fuck,” he grumbled under his breath.
He continued to look at the pot boiling over on the stove, reluctant to loosen his grip. He turned to face me again and smiled in a way I’d never seen before. His entire face looked at me, bright and alive; his eyes were an unreal shade of blue. He touched me again, brushing his thumb along the line of my cheek bone before letting go.
In two large strides, Anderson covered the distance between where we stood and the stove. He turned the burner off and moved the pot onto another, away from the heat. A playful smile darted across his lips as he looked back at me. Lips that just seconds ago I had felt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Whoa...that's hot! Nice writing skills...keep going. I want to know what happens next.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Thanks ^^ This is my first fan fiction :P

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home