Thursday, August 17, 2006

Chapter Ten

This'll be my last post for a couple of days. I don't have much to say, or much time. I'm going way tomorrow until Monday evening. After that, I don't know how busy I'm going to be. There will be various going away parties going on, I have to go school shopping and I also have to start packing for school. And so, I leave you all with another installment of The Anderfic.

Warning: Olly olly oxen.... FICTION!

The rest of my time in New York was spent mostly with Anderson. We ate dinner at his favourite restaurants, took Molly to the park and spent time at his apartment in the city. He had insisted that I check out of my hotel and stay with him my last two nights in New York. He would be gone during the evening to tape the show, but it was certainly more comforting than my faceless hotel room.
It was impeccably decorated, again the work of his mother; the style very much open and lofty. All of the colours were bright and airy. The mood in the apartment was incredibly relaxed.
He showed me to the guest room where I had chosen to stay. I unpacked my belongings, putting my clothes in the dresser and everything else organized neatly on top. The room was decorated in soft greens and blues. It was a nice contrast to the warmth and vibrancy in the other house. The bed was high, a large pine sleigh bed covered in numerous pillows. It afforded a magnificent view out of the tall window facing all of New York.
He showed me around the apartment, giving me the full tour. I was given all access to the entire place, free to do and to go where I wanted. He only asked I didn’t go into his room, which he had shown me repeatedly just encase I needed something in the middle of the night, while he wasn’t home. He didn’t need any of his things showing up on eBay, he joked.
On the first night, I crawled into my bed after watching the broadcast. It would take about half an hour for Anderson to get back from the studio and I would be able to see him in the morning, a rather enchanting thought.
I hadn’t quite fallen asleep when I heard the sound of Anderson’s muffled footsteps coming down the hall towards my door. A small sliver of light made its way inside my room, dancing along the floor and wall as he peeked his head inside.
“Are you awake?” came a hushed voice out of the dark.
“Barely. Why?” I tried hard to not sound annoyed by being disturbed, always my first response.
He came inside and slowly made his way to the bed. I was roughly in the centre when he crawled up and lay down beside me. He placed a suit-clad arm around my shoulder, the cotton sheet I’d pulled over me creating a thin barrier. He kissed me delicately.
“I wanted to say good night.”
He kissed me again before slipping off the bed and leaving me alone in the dark. After he left, I became painfully aware of how alone I really was in the room and how badly I wanted to fall asleep in his arms.

2 Comments:

Blogger i_heart_anderson_cooper said...

So why don't you?- fall asleep in his arms that is! PLEASE!!!

I heart your stories for making Anderson so real & personal!

2:07 AM  
Blogger QueenAnneGrl said...

You are a great writer!

I just love this imagery of him coming home and into your room, with his suit still on. I didn't want it to end.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home