Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Paula Zahn is crazy..?


I can't decide if Paula Zahn is crazy. The commercials for her show always make me go "WTF?! Are you on crack?" Either she really is crazy, or CNN just gives her the nuttiest stories because they think it's funny to make her LOOK crazy because she's not actually crazy, unlike Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace (whom they make fun of on This Hour Has 22 Minutes all the time and it is HYSTERICAL). So what is it that has made me question the sanity of Paula Zahn? With the beginning of the crisis in Lebanon, it was the commercial on evangelical Christians thinking that it was the apocalypse. Well, is IT the apocalypse? No. It's not/was not. But more recently it has been her questioning of civil liberties. Should we give up our civil rights for security? It makes me twitchy and want to scream at the tv "NO, WE SHOULD NOT, PAULA!" Now, I will tell you why.

They who would give up an essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin

I do believe that some people may recognize the name of the man to whom that quote is attributed. I hear he's a big wig in the States, founded something they say. Seriously, Paula, giving up freedom for security is crap. Freakin' crap. I'll take my freedoms instead of having them taken from me to create a false sense of security. Because that's all it is. Nothing is truly safe and secure. No matter how many protective layers you wear, or how cautious you are, there is a risk involved in everything you do. Life is a risk. It's a big risk, one I rather enjoy taking and enjoy having the liberty to take. So please, let me keep my freedoms.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I have a feeling that Paula's days are numbered over at CNN so the stories she gets are crap and no one is watching. For some reason I have another feeling that there will be some changes over at CNN. I AC will stay.
They are just "feeling" and are not based on facts...

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home