Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ahmadinejad and the Pope



I'm so glad that Anderson has finally been on HIS show. I was getting quite sick of JR. The interview last night with Ahmadinejad was incredible. Andy got a little snark in here and there. Ahmadinejad is very, very well spoken and it is entirely obvious that he knows the audience he is addressing. He changes his words, his manner, depending on who it is he is speaking to. He seems very personable and charismatic in the way he talks, unlike some other leaders.

He completely avoided most of the questions Anderson asked, but that is only to be expected. How many politicians give anyone a straight answer? Especially if it's a foreign leader, they're not going to give you a straight answer. I still wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I cannot decide what I think of the Pope. Yes, he should of known better. He probably did know better than to say what he did. It's kind of obvious that it would be taken out of context. So, I think he knew what he was doing, and I think that all of his moves afterwards have been entirely too calculated. I don't know what he's up to, but I'm sure he's up to something. The irony is that his point was made for him with the extremists reacting the way they did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home