Wednesday, September 06, 2006

At University


Yaaaaay! I've made it to university! My roommate is really nice and fun. I've met a lot of the other international students through her because they all arrived almost a week prior to the rest of us. I've also met up with everyone from my school that came here too. It's been pretty awesome so far. The first day of classes is tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I only have Journalism and Lit tomorrow. I have nearly 10 hours between my classes tomorrow. So tomorrow I'll go out between classes and get some errands done.

Sabrina and I have of course, been watching Anderson. We've been flooded about the death of Steve Irwin, which truly does sadden me. My brother and I always used to watch The Crocodile Hunter after school when we were younger, so I have some really fond memories of that. Jeff Corwin was on both LKL and AC360. He just happens to be from where I'm from, which is pretty awesome. I should be the one who is on AC360 from Halifax though, LOL!

Last night, AC360 addressed that a Canadian soldier, Pte. Mark Anthony Graham, was killed by American friendly fire and more than 30 soldiers were injured. Because Afghanistan isn't dangerous enough, Canadian soldiers have to be worried about American friendly fire! This soldier was not the first to be killed by Americans. Four other Canadian soldiers were previously killed in a single Afghani friendly fire incident by Americans. So why is it that Canadian soldiers, who are carrying the majority of duties in Afghanistan, have not killed any Americans, and there has been only one incident, in which a child was killed, that has been called into question and is under investigation (rightfully so), but so far 15% of Canadian casualties have been caused by American soldiers? I just don't understand. I mean, I would assume that they would be under relatively the same amount of stress, have the same amount (or lack thereof) of sleep. It just has been bothering me. I wonder what the difference in training is.

So, that's all for now, folks. I probably won't be able to blog at nearly the same pace as I used to, which was pretty scattered anyway. Still no new fic to update. Sorry everyone! I've been so tired, Welcome Week has been pretty hectic. I haven't slept in past 9 since... God knows when! As soon as I have something, I'll update, I promise! Toodles!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shelse - glad you're having fun at school and like it so far. Always good to like it starting out! If the first week is bad, look out!

Best wishes and keep havin' fun! (in between studying of course).

11:11 PM  
Blogger Mavis said...

When you become a famous Journalist we'll be able to say we knew you when.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree! Steve was sooo passionate about wildlife, and it just radiated off everyone's tv screen. I'm still saddened everytime I heard about or read about Steve. I really took it hard when I heard about his death. I also remember watching his shows after school and always looked forward to rushing home and turning the tv on just to see him....In no way amd I trying to promote my blog or anything but if you would like to read how I took his passing feel free to read it @ http://andernation.blogspot.com/

You can scroll down the right hand side of the blog and find the label "Steve Irwin" and find all the posts related to him

11:06 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

@Andysgirl: Thanks ^^ It's pretty awesome. My journalism course was awesome. Now, watching AC360 is technically homework.

@Funky: LOL! I hope so!

@Rita: I read your blog every day. It's still really strange to think that he's gone.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home